March 19, 2013

Everyday Jewels

apologies for no post yesterday - we had a weekend of sickness including 2 ear infections and a nebulizer. then of course i caught what the little ones had. yuck. anyway...

i am an accessories designer's worst nightmare. i wear the exact same jewelry almost every day - diamond studs that my hubby gave me the christmas before our twins were born, a three stone necklace that my mother-in-law gave me to represent my three boys :), a pave david yurman ring (have a slight obsession with mr. yurman), my engagement and wedding rings, and a tag heuer watch that i bought in switzerland (and begged my poor parents for) on a college trip making the watch older than i care to say (hint: > than 10 years). it's my uniform and i know it will go with anything.

but admittedly it's a little boring to wear the same things all the time. yesterday a friend was telling me about alex and ani. i had heard of it only because i saw an ad somewhere but i really knew nothing about it.


i love these bangles mixed in silver and gold. i personally find bracelets hard to wear if you spend a lot of time working at a computer. they're also a little too tempting for curious toddlers :) but let's pretend you're planning a week in cabo - these would then need to be on your wrist.

what are your other favorites for jewelry? what am i missing out on? any tips on mixing it up?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio