October 19, 2011

Out With The Old...

...and in the with new. and by old i mean our 29 year old carpeting :) i think it was time. in preparation for the babies, we replaced our old, gross, olive carpeting with nice new stuff. really, babies or not, this needed to happen. carpeting isn't exactly an exciting topic but just for kicks, i'll do this in befores and afters.



boo to my photography skills, the stairs look so much better in person. seeing these pictures makes me realize there is a real opportunity for a gallery wall here. anyone who has a 2 story staircase and suggestions?


artwork needed badly on these walls. but at least no more vacuum marks!


amazing how lighter carpeting opens up the whole space, which is hard to do with all of these sloped and angled walls.



the little chair actually looks nice now!



close up:


similar to paint, it's incredible to me how much carpet color can change the look of a room. this is neutral but not boring and provides a good backdrop to do just about anything on the walls or for fabrics. any exciting carpet projects in your life? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith !
I love your blog and I love the new carpet you put on your stairs, etc. I live outside Boston too and I am looking for something like that for my son's playroom. Can I ask what brand it is?? Many thanks!
Erin

meredith said...

Thanks Erin! The carpet brand is Godfrey Hirst and the pattern is called Pergola. Here's the link: http://www.godfreyhirstusa.com/catalogue/residential_products/c3644/c97

Would love to know what you decide!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio