April 5, 2012

Roman Shades

i have a thing for tailored roman shades. and when we move (we got an offer! fingers crossed!!) i think i'll use them more in our new house than i did in this one. they look clean, neat, and best of all they are usually lined with black out fabric. i saw this one at RH Baby but i can see this in any space - definitely not kiddie in these colors.


i think these are a fairly affordable way to get custom-looking shades without the custom price tag. that is if the dimensions they offer fit your windows. plus they're cordless!

p.s. did you all receive the massive restoration hardware catalog? overwhelming to me and these days i have about 5 seconds to look through catalogs and magazines so that one went right in the recycling bin. imagine what they spent producing those??

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yes on the RH catalog! I could barely carry it in one hand from the mailbox. Totally overwhelming and straight to recycling.

I saw a tutorial on pinterest for customizing a plain roman shade without any sewing. I think I might try it in our kitchen. Or just add some ribbon, we'll see how ambitious I'm feeling!

The Masini Family: said...

Same for my RH catalog. It almost made me sick to think of the waste!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio