October 29, 2012

Girly?

us east-coasters are hunkering down for sandy - day care is closed today and we shall see if that was necessary or not. :) but my mind is not on sandy, it's on the rug sale at west elm. and specifically the safari rug:


there is a bit of a debate going on at my house so i feel the need to get the blog world's opinions...is this rug girly? my contention - no, it's gender neutral. but the husband sees it differently. so what do you think? and not to sway your opinion too much (but it is my blog after all), here's a little board i put together with some items i'm thinking of for the big boy room.


clockwise from top left:

headboard: pb kids
lamp: rh baby
nightstand: ikea
ring pull: home depot (unfortunately out of stock)
woven roman shade: the shade store
eames-style rocker: land of nod
pouf: cb2
alphabet print: rh baby (blogged about it before!)
curtain panels: castle creek designs on etsy, fabric from premier prints
background color: hinting blue by sherwin williams

2 comments:

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I don't think it is girly at all...especially with the rest of the items you have selected. I love it!

danielle @ design-eye said...

Hmmm, I'm a little torn. I don't think it says GIRLY, but I do feel like animal prints are more of a feminine thing. Could you maybe find something more linear that has the same feel?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio