November 10, 2010

Wallpaper On One Wall


i have always loved this room - the bright colors, the lacquer and the use of wallpaper along one wall (ok maybe 2 walls). i’ve pondered for some time about how to replicate this in my house. as in, what would be the right wallpaper for my space? because while I love the bold pattern in the picture, the color scheme doesn't work for me.

then while reading a favorite blog, high heeled foot in the door, i was reminded of this wallpaper by katie ridder. love love love this pattern. 


here it is in a room by emily henderson from her new show on hgtv, secrets from a stylist. and see how it's just on one wall? :)

image via hhfitd and hgtv

after a bit of web research, her wallpaper doesn't seem too too pricey but it's only available through select sources. but nonetheless, i’ve found my inspiration. love the scale and the repeat of a simple yet intricate (that made no sense) pattern. 

here it is again used on one wall in a bathroom designed by erin gates from elements of style:


another example of one wall wallpaper, this time with imperial trellis:

via apartment therapy

using wallpaper on just one wall vs. a whole room has the added benefit of being budget-friendly. plus if you’re a bit scared to take the wallpaper plunge, one wall can warm you up to the idea. it may be all you need to get that punch of color and/or pattern! 

and so, with my inspiration in mind, i found this wallpaper and am headed to my local paint store this weekend to get a sample: 

image via thibaut

not sure if the scale is right but the colors (coral and turquoise - not really looking that great in this pic) would really punch up the space. and here is that space, my front entry:


ouch! pretty sorry looking. (paint is barely beige by benjamin moore) so, is a wall of wallpaper in your future?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the imperial trellis wall paper!! For a less expensive route I recently purchased the stencil to add a little pizzazz to one of my rooms.

lipon said...

They look awesome! I've been having a hard time finding curtains for my house too and I wish I could just have yours, I think they would be perfect. Beautiful room!
wall upholstery hollywood

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio