March 5, 2019

Cherry Brook Project: Living Room

hello! i'm happy to be sharing my latest project - the cherry brook rd living room! let's get right to the before shots. basically this space was empty except for some random pieces of furniture and old baby gear and toys. :)


 and my favorite part always, the afters!




such a breath of fresh air right?! the mission here was to create a beachy, relaxed space where my clients could kick back after a long day. they have three little children and I can certainly appreciate the stress that goes along with being a parent to young ones! they didn't want anything formal or fussy but plenty of seating to entertain guests. 

we added everything you see from drapery to lighting to furniture to accessories. the palette was blues, soft grays, and a touch of rose. the color came from the artwork and pillows but also those fun blue matching sofas. a fresh coat of white paint created just the right backdrop.




texture is also a big component in this design and there is plenty to go around. the chairs, stool, cabinet, and accessories all bring in depth and warmth. since the sofas are floating, I made sure that there was some detail on the backs and the nailhead trim did the trick. I borrowed some of the accessories from Casita in sudbury and they look so perfect here! p.s. would you believe the "art" above the fireplace is actually a tv!




one of my favorite things that we added was the sconces flanking the tv. I ADORE these sconces!! the shape, the finish, everything! my other favorite is the drapery. duh. ;)  the navy triangles are such a fun pattern and even though it's not, it resembles a block print which I love. the french returns on the drapery rods are a great way to change things up and I think work so well in the overall design! we needed a small cabinet to house the tv components and I sourced this one which was narrow enough to tuck in next to the fireplace.



that's a wrap! thank you to my sweet clients. it's always so wonderful to work with genuinely nice people and that was certainly the case here! while I can't list most of the sources for this project since it was a client, here are a few!

SOURCES:

sofas: lee industries
drapery & rods: custom
television: samsung frame

2 comments:

Linda Darling said...

This is an absolutely amazing transformation and I wish you could list all your sources. You made this place into something else. I really enjoyed the photos.

Anonymous said...

It's such a gorgeous, serene space. I love the blues! Would you mind sharing the rug source?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by kelly christine studio