and here's what actually happened. just realizing now that i don't have a "before" shot. dumb! but the walls were yellow and that's about all that was going on.
(romans look navy in this pic but they are really charcoal)
(need to do a diy project and change the top of the table)
quickly back to the inspiration because you might be thinking, what happened? ...
- curtains: the striped curtains went to the adjoining room in lieu of stripes on the ceiling.
- lamp: the little lamp is also in the playroom, for safety reasons.
- rug: i had to forgo the rug because 1. i didn't win the battle and 2. the wool carpet that i originally bought for the room is really nice and soft and i was being silly thinking i wouldn't use it.
- rocking chair: i loved it but didn't need.
- headboards: they will happen one day when C&F move to real beds (wahhh!).
now for what is in the room:
- paint colors: san antonio grey, ben moore, on the ceiling and hinting blue, sherwin williams, on the walls.
- shades: for the windows i went with simple white and gray romans from the shade store. they are just like with ones in our bedroom except with a charcoal gray border. i like the look - very clean and tailored.
- the chairs, sheepskin rug, and dresser are from the boys' original nursery in our old house.
- art: i did spring for the alphabet print from this post. the elephant print is from etsy (see this post). i decided to hang only the elephant in the middle because i'm nervous of putting anything where they can reach it. the giraffe is waiting to find it's home :)
- the ikea nightstand and cb2 pouf (which is much darker in person unfortunately) are both from the inspiration board.
that's it! i hope everyone had a great weekend - we had another gross weather weekend. summer can not come soon enough.